Pages

Sunday 7 December 2014

patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet - jean-jacques rousseau: an advent atc

I participated this year in an advent ATC swap.  Last year a few of the ladies gave me their extra copies to whet my appetite and inspire me to join in this year.  I opened all five of them as soon as I got home.  And I got grief from my bestest enabler/friend and my son (who was four at the time).  This year I promised to open them properly (so many rules) and Alex has monitored my ATC opening behaviour.  I get gold stars so far.

I wanted a monotone card which highlighted my number.  Both the background stamp and the cardinal and birch die cut are by Impression Obsession (I'm obsessed with IO).  They make the most incredible cover-your-card backgrounds.  The picket fence, which I embossed, is by Ellen Hutson.  I emphasized the two cardinals by covering them in glossy accents.


The wrapping is often as important as the thing you're trying to wrap.  I love Stampin' Up's tree embossing folder and the tiny clothespins I found at Michaels.  The stamped #2 is also a Stampin' Up holiday stamp set.  Brilliant.


I'm not sure how we ended up in December.  And, as for most people who celebrate anything in December and January, this week promises to be filled with getting ready for celebration, getting ready for next year and enjoying all of the wonders of the holiday season.


I look forward to seeing all of your creative crafty holiday treasures.  Thank you for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment