Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

an owl in the forest holiday tag

I whipped up two of these tags to add to cookie jars filled with pumpkin cookies I had baked for some friends.  Creating is so easy when you have a good foundation or background.  I adore the over-sized Prima tags.  They have great weight, interesting detail and the perfect hue for a non-interfering background.  


Creating is also easy when you have great product to play with.  I pulled out my brand new marvy snow marker pen and Tim Holtz layering Holly Bough stencil both of which really pulled the tag together.  I sponged on peeled paint distress ink and watercolour painted the owl with weathered wood.  The berries were coloured in with red marker and highlighted with picket fence distress marker.


I stained vintage ribbon with festive berries distress ink in part giving it a messy candy cane appearance.


I'm off to have cocoa and marshmallows.  Stay warm fellow crafters (if you're in the northern hemisphere) and keep popping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment