Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

coming together is the beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success - Henry Ford

I've tried my hand at using modelling paste in my under the sea layout and I decided to use the technique again but with a bit of a twist for this card.  My in-laws are celebrating their anniversary at the end of the month.  They have a charming story how in peony-scarce Belarus my father-in-law brought my mother-in-law a bouquet of peonies to the hospital the day my husband was born. That's love.  I thought this poppy and peony mask was perfect for their card.


I wanted to design a transition from one medium to another and one colour to another across the card.  I used white modelling paste and the poppy and peony mask to create the base of the card and distressed it with Tim Holtz vintage photo distressing  ink.  I then white embossed the poppies and peonies over tea dye, broken china and peacock feathers and used my Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black to create the top layer.


It was mr. everythingshetouches who suggested adding a message to the front of the card (I had intended to leave the messaging for the interior - an almost nearly slightly conservative move which is a bit of a shock).  I played around with some designs and thought the final product had the right feel and flow.  And you know I couldn't stop there.  I prettied it all up with some clear gems.


My in-laws are incredibly amazing loving people.  mr. everythingshetouches and I are very fortunate to have them in our lives to send us good marriage vibes, give us advice and to love and adore Alex with grandparent abandon (and cookies and milk before bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment